Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Knicks Season Starts Tonight....Optimistic?

The new season is upon us finally and guess what Greg Oden is hurt. It’s just a "tweaked ankle" but it still has gotta suck to be him right now. Now on to more important things, the New York Knicks are back and back in a "big" way tonight. The Knickerbockers will be taking on the Miami Heat at the Garden and I bet you Isiah Thomas won’t be attending. Usually at the start of every season I am so pumped for the Knicks to get going and hopefully get better. It really never matters how terrible the Knicks have been in recent years I still feel they can make some noise but this year is different.

This year is different because I know management is in rebuilding mode and I know it’s going to take a few years to rebuild but I’m tired of waiting. However, rebuilding right now means getting under the cap by 2010 not necessarily making the team better in the meantime (which is rididculous to me). Everybody is pointing towards 2010’s free agent class headed by Lebron, D-Wade and Chris Bosh but who knows if you are going to get one of them. However, I love basketball and I love the Knicks but what am I supposed to do not root for my team? Am I supposed to hope they lose so they get a better draft pick? I realize the Knicks don’t have the talent to be a championship team but I can not sit through another 20-30-win season.


I am highly against rooting against your own team even if a loss means a better player it just goes against everything that sports is supposed to be about. When Patrick Ewing Jr. didn’t make the team for no other reason but financial issues my reaction is what the F? Bottom line you are the New York Knicks, you play in Madison Square Garden with money flowing in and you don’t want to sacrifice a few 100 grand to satisfy a long-suffering fan base? Don’t give me the excuse "well Anthony Roberson can shoot the 3" yeah well other then that he is terrible and he’s not going to play so who the hell wants him on the team over Ewing? I do realize that there’s no reason to bug out about the last guy sitting at the end of the bench, which is why I didn't have a whole post directed at my disgust of cutting Ewing Jr. However, if there’s an injury Ewing might get a chance to come in and do some damage (or at least dunk it on somebody). Wouldn’t you want a guy who can fly and play defense to come in rather then a guy who if he is open can maybe hit a three?

It is a new season and rooting against the Knicks winning is not going to happen at least around me. I don't want to wait but I realize this isn't a championship team and championship teams take time to build but (maybe stupidly) I don’t want to wait 2 years for it to actually change. At the very least they have to show a change, don't get blown out by 50 and don't have the biggest cheers come from a New York Giant on the jumbo-tron anymore. Call me selfish if you want but I’m about to turn 24 on November 7th and I’ve been waiting my whole life for a championship by one of my teams (Jets, Mets, and Knicks) and I am tired of waiting.





***All hail D’Antoni because Eddy Curry finally is out of the rotation and it is about damn time.***



4 Comments:

Anonymous joe d said...

yea i agree wtih you alex i dont want to have to wait but you gotta sit back and realize this is what has to be done so be patient

10/29/2008 11:32 AM  
Anonymous Stevie said...

fuck the knicks they r so dumb cutting ewing jr

10/29/2008 11:38 AM  
Anonymous paul said...

who cares stevie he was not going to play anyway letfs see what thie players in the rotation will do

10/29/2008 12:56 PM  
Anonymous Stevie said...

yea he mightve if he was actually on the fuckin team now hes def not gonna do anything

10/29/2008 5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Google
New York Football
Proud Member of New York Fan Site Directory
New York Basketball Schedule, News, Photos, and Links
Schedule | Players | News | Links | Photos